The Genealogy Journey

The newbie genealogist's resource for books, mags, databases, and -- of course -- any free research stuff to be found on the Internet.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

MyHeritage.com Reveals Startling Celebrity Look-Alikes!

Remember MyHeritage.com? I wrote about it in this post. I never could get the face recognition feature to work, but they recently contacted me and asked me to try it again. This time it everything went smoothly:

1. Upload a digital photograph of your face, preferably a front-facing picture.
2. The celebrity database option is already selected, so just click “Run Face Recognition!” (In the future, you’ll be able to compare your photo to other family photos on their database).

Guess who I look the most like? Britney Spears! Britney Spears

ME

All right!

But ... I also got a match with Julio Iglesias:

Julio Iglesias
Okay, let’s forget about that one.

Actually, I’m not trying to make fun of MyHeritage.com. I can see the resemblance in the big fat smile on all of our faces.

While you’re at MyHeritage.com, make sure to select the Research link at the top of the page. This is the meat of MyHeritage. You can enter an ancestor name and receive search results from over 500 databases. It’s amazingly easy to use. You can quickly jump from MyHeritage to each Web site database where a match was found.

Very soon, the MyHeritage meta-search tool will enable you to:

- Save searches.
- Annotate searches.
- Find out who else is researching the same names as you.

And later on …

- Schedule searches to recur automatically (What a timesaver this one is!)
- Search for places

I hope you have some fabulous discoveries using this tool!

~Mary Kaye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Adlink